PCB Assembly Services for Medical Devices
Equipped with over 50 years of experience, PGF Technologies has what it takes to provide high-quality and cost-effective printed circuit board assembly (PCBA) solutions to customers in a wide range of industries. One of the key markets we serve is the medical device industry.
The Role of PCB Assemblies in Medical Devices
Electronic devices and equipment play an essential role in many diagnostic and treatment applications in the medical industry. Due to their sensitive and often critical function, these devices must be designed and constructed carefully to ensure the safety of both medical personnel and patients. For this reason, medical device manufacturers often integrate high-quality printed circuit board assemblies within them to ensure they are accurate, fast, and durable.
Applications of PCB Assemblies in the Medical Device Industry
PCBAs are found in a wide range of medical devices and equipment, including, but not limited to:
- Body temperature devices
- Blood pressure monitors
- Blood glucose monitors
- Imaging and scanning systems
- Infusion fluid controls and devices
- Flow rate dispensing systems
- Heart monitors and implants
PCB Assembly Challenges Faced in the Medical Device Industry
Medical device manufacturers face numerous challenges when designing and constructing their products, many of which can apply to the printed circuit board components. Some of the most common include:
- Standards and regulations. The medical industry subjects itself to many bars that dictate how tools and equipment can be manufactured. These standards ensure that products are safe, reliable, and traceable, all critical qualities for protecting personnel and patients. However, stringent regulations also make it more difficult for companies to get their products approved to market. All components, including PCBs, must comply with the relevant standards.
- Performance requirements. Medical devices and equipment must offer reliable and predictable performance. PCBs play a key role in meeting these requirements. Designed and built correctly, they ensure devices and equipment consistently operate as intended.
- Production costs. Like manufacturing projects in other industries, it is vital to remain within a budget when developing and producing medical devices. Manufacturers must find a way to balance performance and regulatory requirements with cost.
While facing these challenges can be complex, an experienced and knowledgeable PCBA partner can help overcome them.
PCBA Solutions for Medical Devices at PGF Technology
Looking for PCB assemblies you can trust for your critical applications? Turn to the experts at PGF Technologies.
PGF Technologies provides quality PCB assemblies to customers in the medical device industry and beyond. Our extensive experience designing and manufacturing PCBAs gives us the knowledge and skills needed to navigate the various industry challenges our customers face and deliver an appropriate PCBA solution. In addition to our PCBA services, we also offer custom cable and wire harness assembly and box-build and custom enclosure assembly capabilities to help streamline production operations.
To learn more about our PCB assembly capabilities and how we can benefit your medical device manufacturing project, contact us today. To discuss your PCBA requirements with one of our team members, request a quote.
Key Considerations for Medical PCB Assembly
Download our eBook, Key Considerations for Medical PCB Assembly, for an overview of the important considerations for designing and assembling these small yet dense layouts.Get Your eBook Now