The manufacturing of printed circuit board assemblies (PCBAs) can be a challenging task, requiring the integration of multiple electronic components into a single, compact unit. With the increasing demand for high-performance products with fast turnarounds, it’s crucial for businesses to choose a reputable PCBA supplier who can deliver high-quality products and services.
At PGF Technology Group, we understand the importance of having a reliable and efficient supply chain for PCBA, Cable, Wire Harness, and Box Build assemblies. Our team of experts is dedicated to providing our clients with innovative solutions of the highest quality and reliability. Whether you are looking for rigid, flexible, or rigid-flex custom PCBAs, we have the expertise to provide you with a tailored solution that meets your needs.
Capabilities for Mechanical Applications
Industrial PCBAs are critical components in many industrial systems and last for several years to several decades. However, this longevity can present challenges when updating or revising the PCBA.
With technology constantly advancing, some of the components used in the original design may become obsolete, leading to added time and effort in searching for suitable alternatives or replacements. This can be complex and time-consuming, particularly when updating service and component documentation over the product’s lifespan.
Our industrial PCBAs meet the rigorous demands of mechanical applications, such as industrial power machinery and measuring equipment. These PCBAs use components made with thick copper so they can withstand heavy power loads. At the same time, mechanical PCBAs are compact and easily integrate numerous functions into a single board. They make efficient use of space and do not require as many components in the system. With various customization options, you can tailor mechanical PCBAs for your specific application.
Other common applications of our PCBA products include:
- Electronic smart labels
- Electronic switch gears
- Energy control systems
- Industrial drives and inverters
- Industrial lighting systems
- Industrial smart meters
- Power supply units
Best Materials for Mechanical PCBAs
When it comes to the construction of custom PCBAs, there is a variety of materials to choose from, each with its unique combination of electrical, mechanical, and physical properties. These properties determine the suitability of the material for a specific application, making the selection process for the right material a crucial step in the process.
At PGF Technology Group, we work with some of the best PCBA materials, including:
- Mylar® film
- FR-4 glass-reinforced epoxy laminate
- Polyimide (PI)
- Phenolic laminates
What to Consider When Choosing a Mechanical PCBA Material
When choosing a mechanical PCBA material, consider these factors:
- Quality: It’s important to choose a material that meets your industry’s basic standards for quality. For example, the PCBA must be able to withstand physical stress and avoid delamination. Choosing quality materials from the start will also help you update hardware in the future without affecting the components of the original board.
- Durability: The material used for mechanical PCBAs should be durable and able to withstand the conditions of the intended application, such as high temperatures, mechanical stress, vibration, and exposure to moisture. Most modern PCBAs also have built-in monitoring and diagnostic capabilities to simplify maintenance and troubleshooting tasks.
- Cost: The cost of the material is a crucial consideration, as it affects the overall cost of the PCBA. Strike a balance between cost, performance requirements, and quality to ensure you get the best value for your investment. For example, gold tabs are more costly than solder tabs, and buried vias are cheaper than blind vias.
- Power and heat capacity: The material should be able to effectively handle the power requirements and heat generated by the components on the PCBA. This includes conducting heat away from critical components and providing insulation to prevent electrical discharge.
Therefore, the material’s electrical and thermal conductivity, as well as its thermal expansion coefficient, should be carefully considered when selecting the right material for your application.
Cable, PCBA, and Wiring Harness Applications for the Mechanical Industry
PCBAs, cables, and wiring harnesses are essential components in the mechanical industry, from seismic monitoring devices to battery chargers to load testers. Printed circuit boards are also found in water treatment plant controls, robotic controls, and ultrasonic technology. Hospitals and other healthcare institutions in particular rely on PCBAs to power medical devices.
Assembly Services From PGF Technology Group
PGF Technology Group provides high-quality PCBA, wire harness, cable, and box build assembly services for the mechanical industry. Our industrial PCBA products reach the highest standards for use in a variety of rigorous applications. We pride ourselves on our competitive pricing, on-time delivery, and high-quality products. If you’re ready to start your custom mechanical PCBA assembly project, request a free quote or contact us today.